Massachusetts Music Therapy Alliance (MMTA)
The Massachusetts Music Therapy Alliance (MMTA) is a state organization that was founded in 1980. MMTA was formed with the intent of bringing together members of the American Association for Music Therapy (AAMT) with members of the National Association for Music Therapy (NAMT). MMTA provided support for Music Therapists by holding general meetings and clinical presentations throughout the year between regional and national conferences. In 1998 the AAMT and the NAMT merged to create the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA). After 30 years, MMTA continues to share ideas, knowledge and support, while working towards promoting the field of Music Therapy in our state and region. MMTA is a unique organization and provides a resource for anyone with an interest in Music Therapy.
The annual directory lists MMTA members who are professional music therapists and students. It reflects both the wide range of populations serviced by music therapists as well as the variety of agencies, hospitals, schools, and programs which employ music therapists.
- Attend all 3 MMTA meetings (10.15.16; 12.10.16; and 02.04.17) and earn 5 CMTEs!
- We are working with CBMT to offer credits to those members who attend fewer than all three meetings – stay tuned for more information!
- Dues remain the same as last year (see Membership for more information)
- Unfortunately, childcare is not available due to our meeting space.
- Student pickup at WOODLAND T-Station in Newton (Green Line) at 9:30am by Lisa El Lakis. She will depart at 9:35. To be included in this pickup, please contact Lisa via email at email@example.com by 9pm on the Friday prior to the conference.
- Other Business: We’re Going Green! Please bring your own reusable mug for coffee and/or tea.
- Be sure to check out our website: www.massmusictherapy.org
- “Like” us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/MassMusicTherapy
Congregational Church of Weston, 130 Newton St., Weston, MA 02493. http://www.congwestonucc.net/ (781) 899 5417